Hello All--
Thanks so much for setting this up. We live in Austin, Texas and have 3 bio boys (Stephen-10, Nathan-8 and James-6). Rob is in IT Consulting and we own an IT Staffing firm. Ruth is a full-time, homeschooling mom. We started our adoption journey in June 2006, although God was working on us for a couple of years before that. We ended up #27 on the girl list. Like all of you, we can't shake the feeling that we are called specifically to Guatemala and that there is a little girl waiting for us.
We were very disappointed to have to sign the postponement contract but since the original contract states that in the case of a closure we have to quit or switch, it didn't seem like there was much option. When we actually received the contract we went around the decision all over again because the language does not actually say that they will contact us when Guatemala re-opens. As a business owner we take contracts pretty seriously. No matter how I feel about the great people I talk to at AGCI, somewhere there are lawyers who chose not to include any commitment on their part to do much of anything. Ugh! We signed because of our faith in God's call thus far. I actually e-mailed it this morning and need to drop the hard copy in the mail.
I know that God has plans that are far beyond my view. I am hanging onto the idea that our daughter is moving within His divine plan to meet up with us at the perfect time.
I've been reading the list-serv for months but haven't felt the need to post. However, I'm very glad to have this group. I think we will need each other in the months to come.
Ruth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for introducing yourselves. Looking forward to lifting you all up in prayer as we wait & see what God is going to do.
Emily and Phil
So glad to have you join us! I pray God richly blesses you for the faith you're placing in Him! Looking forward to making this journey with you!
Dawn
So glad to hear your story and look forward to our journey together as Guatemala waiters
Post a Comment