Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hope for the future

Thanks so much, Dawn, for pulling us all together. Interesting to us, Emily, that you guys are #33 on the girl wait list, now I kind of know what to expect when Guatemala opens up again and we are on the girl list finally! (We did not get to submit our paperwork, which was done in September, due to the upcoming changes.)

I too feel peace even though the world is saying, maybe God is telling you not to adopt, why not switch countries, why Guatemala, and my heart is saying, what if, also.....God keeps giving me little nuggets of truth and encouragement and signs to encourage my faith!

There are so many children there waiting for us and others to adopt them. I think of a river that is flowing and flowing and suddenly something stops it and there is a lot of water behind the dam........all these children who were needing homes didn't suddenly stop when the government changed the laws and now there's even more.....so the need is so much greater and I can't stop thinking about all these children that have loving homes waiting for them here and they are there waiting.... We can't give up on them, and that's why God keeps Guatemala in our hearts and minds and won't let us change - because our children are in Guatemala with our hearts!

Thanks to all the bloggers and emailers for your support!

Juli

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Juli,

We are the ones 33 on the list :)

Eric and Michelle