Dear Friends,
Sorry it’s taken me so long to post our story and thank you Emily for asking us to share. Our lives are a bit on the crazy side right now and I truly meant to share before now.
Oh…I guess I should forewarn you all that I tend to be a bit lengthy! My friends who know me most would be laughing out loud right about now…you’ll soon learn that means not only grab a cup of coffee and be prepared to sit and read a spell, but it means grab a thermos full of coffee! :^)
I’m Niña, my husband is Bob and we have one beautiful Guatemalan born son, Lucas, who will be 3 in May. We moved here to Maryville, TN last May after living in Texas for the previous 11 years. We have made many moves since we got married, but this was by far the hardest. We are still in transition as we are in the midst of house hunting as well as choosing a new church home.
Bob left American Eagle Airlines (thus the many moves!) after almost 20 years, to take a job with Standard Aero here in Maryville. I have been full time wife and mommy since we brought Lucas home in December 2005. What a gift that has been to be able to be at home with Lucas, especially after waiting so long for him. And I’m not just referring to the adoption process…more on this in a bit…
Looking back over the years, I can now clearly see the Lord had placed the desire in my heart to grow my family through adoption way before Bob and I even married. Bob’s desire to adopt came much later, in the Lord’s perfect time. On January 24, 2004, the Lord spoke loud and clear that we were to adopt and from Guatemala. Two days later He led us to AGCI and we will be forever grateful that He did.
After almost four grueling months, we’d finally raised enough money to officially sign on with AGCI in May 2004. Late August 2004 we submitted our dossier (by the way Heather was our paperwork coordinator!) and were placed on the boy list at #28. In May 2005, after waiting almost 9 months to the day we received our referral. We made the visit trip and met our beautiful three week old son on June 3rd, a mere 12 days before our 21st wedding anniversary! Then came the longest six months of our lives, which was how long we waited to bring Lucas home. On November 28, 2005, they placed Lucas (at 6.5 months of age) in our arms forever and we welcomed him home on December 1, 2005.
I could go on and on about Hannah’s Hope Guatemala and our son and his transition, so, if any of you have any questions you’d like to ask, ask away. Just rest knowing that you have chosen an incredible agency that loves the Lord and loves His children. I will say this, HH Guatemala is way more beautiful and wonderful than you could ever imagine. Pictures and videos just do not do it justice. Once you step foot on the grounds you can truly feel the Lord’s presence and the kids, oh my, they’ll all steal your heart. The special mothers are nothing short of a godsend, an incredible gift to our children.
When we brought Lucas home, we really thought that he would be our only child. Mainly because of the cost and also because of our age. THEN the Lord spoke. :^) We felt the Lord calling us back to Guatemala in the summer of 2006, but felt He was saying just wait for the right time. We waited and then our lives were turned upside down with my job (another long story) and us having literally two months to prepare to go from two incomes down to one…then a year later we were in the process of moving to Tennessee. After being here a few months, we suddenly felt a sense of urgency to sign back on with AGCI. Which we did and three weeks later what we received the call that Guatemala had come to a halt. I keep telling myself that it’ll be better that it’s happening later as we’ll be settled into a home and church home by the time we bring our baby girl home, but on the other hand I keep asking the Lord, you haven’t forgotten how old I am, right?!? :^) Most days though I can rest in knowing His timing and His plan truly is way better than we could ever come up with. Especially when I look into my Lucas’ eyes, I think man, if I’d had it my way, I’d have missed being his mommy. I encourage you all to rest in knowing that He already has your child picked out for you and he/she will be well worth the wait.
I have to be honest though…I’m thankful this isn’t our first time to adopt with all that’s going on. It’s really hard to wait on the normal adoption process, but harder when you’re first time parents. Are there any of you out there that are first time parents? (Sorry I can’t remember off the top of my head).
As I forewarned I’ve been very long winded…and the truth is there is so much more I could have said. I’m sure that’s true for all of us…just more so for those of us that are older as that means we have that much more history! :^)
Should the Lord bring us to your minds, we’d covet your prayers as we are in crunch time looking for a house. We are literally out looking most every weeknight and on Saturdays. We’ve been looking for a few months now and our lease is up May 15th. We have the option to go month to month, but at a premium. This is our first time to buy a home based on one income and we so want to be sure to choose the house He has for us. Also, not having a church home is really wearing on us.
Thanking Him for each of you….
Blessings,
Niña
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing! Please share more of your stories and history - it will help pass the time! : )
Thank you for sharing Nina. I will be praying for God to lead you to the right house and the church He wants you to be a part of.
You are so right about HH and the special mothers. I think that's the reason I was able to get on the plane back to the US, b/c I knew what great care N is in. Very thankful for AGCI & their staff in Guatemala.
Thank you for sharing Nina...Sorry I just got to it today. How is the house hunting going? I pray you find your home to live in and worship in soon.
Thank you all for your replies. The house hunt is proving to be difficult today. We really need to hear from the Lord on which house is for us. We're feeling a bit down about the whole thing. We put an offer on a house last night, but I don't think we'll be accepting their counter offer. I never dreamed looking for a house would be so hard. Please do keep us in your prayers. I'll keep you posted and I look forward to getting to know you all better.
Post a Comment