Wednesday, November 5, 2008
If you need to update your homestudy, don't!
Our homestudy is about to expire, and we had initally decided not to update it when the moratorium was ending on Feb. 1st. But then, after last week's email from AGCI, we were ready to move ahead. Then followed some panic about whether we could do it in time, what to do first, etc. etc. It was a stressful time. Today, my social worker suggested we call AGCI to see what their timeline was, and they advised (through SJP) not to update at all! Whew! What a relief! So I wanted to let anyone else in our situation know the same thing. The reasoning is that we will have to update again when Guatemala opens, and Guat may not accept a homestudy that is not "Hague Compliant". Now, with some agencies, two updates may be cheaper than a whole new homestudy, I don't know. You will all have to make decisions about what is best for your family, but I wanted to let you guys know this. I wish I had known this two months ago, but better late than never, I guess! Feel free to confirm with AGCI, but right now they are advising folks to just sit tight and see what happens. Keep praying of course!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thankful for this information Juli.
We hadn't made it that far into the process, but I too thank you for sharing with us.
Post a Comment