Saturday, October 25, 2008

miracle

I wanted to share some good news we have had this week. As you all know because you have experienced it too, adoption is an emotional roller coaster. Our case lacked one thing in December, for us to be grandfathered in with N. As we have continued to wait, hoping for a miracle, praying for this sweet girl who will be turning 13 in January, her chance of adoption narrowing as she nears 15. N is a part of our family, has been since the day we first met her- July 1, 2007. We have not ceased to hope that one day legally she would indeed become a part of our family.

This week we received a call, Guatemala is requesting a few additional things from us, they are willing to hear our case and consider letting us complete Ns adoption. Today we Fed-Exd the requested items and pray over them as they arrive in Portland on Monday and then are sent to Guatemala. There will be a meeting and if they side favorably with us, our case will be completed.

Please pray with us for favor and that this which God began we will see completed. We do not know the exact date of the meeting, but believe it to be sometime in the next couple weeks.

4 comments:

Ryan and Dawn said...

Soooooooooo awesome, Emily!!! I look forward to the completion of this miracle! Praise God!

Juli said...

this is truly great news! i will keep you and N in my prayers!

Michelle said...

Our family has not stopped praying! We wait expectantly with you.

Nina said...

Emily -- I got on here earlier and posted a response to your post prior to my post on the moratorium extension...not sure what happened to it...guess I didn't hit the publish button? Anyway, I wanted to say that when I saw your post on the listserve I came running here to see if you'd shared more of your news with us...I'm SO EXCITED for N!!! I too have not stopped praying for her and the rest of your family. Her beautiful face is etched in my mind and heart. I will continue to pray that the Lord brings N home soon! And thanking Him for aligning all of the details/miracles to make this happen! Please do keep us posted! And thank you for the bday wishes!