A friend had emailed me about something she read on Guatadopt, and I wondered if it was rumor or not. So, I emailed Soojin and asked if she could confirm or deny the rumor. Here's her response:
Hi Dawn,
Hope you are doing well!! There were rumors out there stating that Guatemala has approved 5 agencies to start the adoption again. This has been confirmed to be a rumor. At this point, Guatemala is still in the process of finishing up all the cases that were started prior to January of 2008 and are giving priorities to domestic adoptions. We have not heard any other news. We are still waiting for them to re-open, but not sure if it will be this year or next year. This is the uncertainty. As soon as I have more updates, I’ll let you know. Thanks!!!
Love & Blessings to you all - having people who understand to wait with us is a gift!
Dawn
5 comments:
Something must be happening. I have not been on the blog in forever and I checked a couple of days ago and no new posts, now we have two! What I saw on GuatAdopt, and why I logged on today, was to ask if anyone saw where adoptions will definitely not open in 2008 and that they are giving priority (as Soojin put it) to "domestic adoptions". They are trying to say that there are 70 children avail for adoption and 138Guat families who want to adopt. We are trying to decide whether to renew our homestudy - it expires in November. But the contract runs out in February. What are all of you guys doing/thinking?
Thanks! (not trying to be pessimistic, just wondering how others are dealing with it)
We let our homestudy expire because they said it was a good possibility that new things would be required. Plus we weren't big fans of our current social worker, so we are going to start fresh with someone else.
We are praying if we are to switch countries
I'm jealous you got a response. We sent two e-mails and tried to call once we saw the post on Guatadopt. We have yet to get a response after two days.
Wow, Emily, that would be frustrating! I got an email response the same day. Did you email Soojin?
Post a Comment